Cuarto milenio – Wikipedia
|Directed by||Fernando Rodriguez|
|Presented by||Iker Jiménez
|Country of origin||Spain|
|No. of seasons||15|
|No. of episodes||(list of episodes)|
|Executive producer||Mediaset España|
|Original release||November 16, 2005|
Cuarto milenio is a Spanish television program directed and presented by journalist Iker Jiménez and Carmen Porter. The program has been broadcast weekly on television channel Cuatro since November 2005, being the channel’s oldest active program.
The program explores a wide variety of topics, usually related to mystery and enigmas, though frequently reaching afield. They include conspiracy, archaeology, history, criminology, astronomy, medicine, physics, zoology, psychology, parapsychology and ufology. It features habitually the participation of experts in various disciplines, like psychiatrists, physicists, physicians, historians, anthropologists, criminologists, astronomers, naturalists, writers or journalists.
Cuarto Milenio has been acknowledged to have an established place on Spanish television, not only due to its longevity, but also to its following and recognizability, having been considered a televisive phenomenon. Alternatively, it has been criticized as pseudoscientifical, pointing to its treatment of esoteric and conspiratorial fields, and praised as a program of investigation and divulgation, standing out by its consistent presence of scientific authorities and specialists as guests.
The program originated the creation of two spin-offs, La mesa del coronel, a geopolitical program presented in 2019 by Col. Pedro Baños, and Horizonte, produced by the same team and ongoing since 2020.
- Iker Jiménez (direction and presentation)
- Carmen Porter (narration and co-presentation)
- Pablo Villarrubia (editorial)
- Francisco Pérez Caballero (editorial)
- Gerardo Peláez (editorial coordinator)
- Carlos Largo (editorial, also in Millennium 3)
- Javier Pérez Campos (editorial)
- Pablo Fuente (editorial)
- Guillermo León (crew and webmaster)
- Juan Villa (artistics)
- Luis Álvarez (editorial)
- Nacho Ares (editorial)
- Santiago Camacho (editorial, also in Millennium 3)
- Alberto Granados (editorial)
- Óscar Dorian (artistics)
- Juan Jesús Vallejo (editorial)
- Francisco Contreras Gil (editorial)
- Martín Cappelletti (Sub Address and Address of Conduct)
On May 16, 2006, Cracking the Code aired, marking the theatrical release of The Da Vinci Code. The director and presenter of Cuarto Milenio conducted a special program that addressed the secrets and controversies raised by the book. On December 25, 2006, The Exodus Decoded special aired. This program discussed the documentary and research done by Felix Golubev and Simcha Jacobovici, about a proposed Jewish exodus from Egypt.
In 2007 the program aired a special about Jesus. A special emphasis was given to the apocryphal gospels.
In July 2008 a special on Chernobyl aired.
In April 2012 they presented a special about the sinking of the RMS Titanic.
Colección Cuarto milenio was a book-DVD collection that included best programs of the first few seasons, which were available weekly in kiosks. There was another set released in 2011.
Cuarto Milenio is the oldest program of Cuatro, having been broadcast continuously since the channel began service in November 2005. The best ratings for the show were in the third season (2007–2008), with an average audience share of 13.2% (897,208 viewers). During the following seasons, the show has maintained an average audience of 600,000 viewers per night, representing around 10% of the audience share, the only program on Cuatro to reach such a high percentage.
|1||November 2005 – June 2006||36||1–36|
|2||September 2006 – June 2007||45||37–80|
|3||September 2007 – June 2008||46||81–124|
|4||September 2008 – June 2009||45||125–166|
|5||September 2009 – June 2010||36||167–202|
|6||September 2010 – June 2011||40||203–242|
|7||September 2011 – July 2012||42||243–284|
|8||September 2012 – July 2013||46||285–330|
|9||September 2013 – July 2014||44||331–374|
|10||September 2014 – July 2015||44||375–418|
|11||September 2015 – July 2016||44||419–462|
|12||September 2016 – July 2017||463|
- Best divulgation program in 2006, voted in the portal ¡Vaya Tele!.
- Silver Medal for Mejor Cabecera Gráfica internacional at the «Festival Internacional de Televisión y Cine de Nueva York» 2010.
- Best investigation program at the Telemagazine Awards 2019.
- ^ Fernández, Lola (October 25, 2015). “En las entrañas de Cuarto Milenio, la nave del misterio de Iker Jiménez” (in Spanish). El Mundo. Retrieved October 31, 2020.
- ^ a b “‘Cuarto Milenio’, el fenómeno sociológico de Iker Jiménez” (in Spanish). Diario de Mallorca. May 30, 2010. Retrieved October 30, 2020.
- ^ “Psicofonías en Cuarto Milenio”.
- ^ “Fenómeno OVNI en Cuarto Milenio”.
- ^ “Esculturas estraterrestres en Cuarto Milenio”.
- ^ “Los invitados más ilustres de ‘Cuarto Milenio’: Todos tienen un misterio que contar” (in Spanish). Cuatro.com. May 29, 2017. Retrieved October 31, 2020.
- ^ Lakunza, Rosana (January 27, 2020). ““Tal y como está la televisión es un misterio que ‘Cuarto milenio’ dure tanto”“ (in Spanish). Noticias de Navarra. Retrieved October 30, 2020.
- ^ “El mes ‘paranormal’ de Iker Jiménez: predijo el Covid, salió de Mediaset y reventó Youtube” (in Spanish). El Español. April 4, 2020. Retrieved October 30, 2020.
- ^ Berlanga Fernández, Inmaculada (2008). “Programas divulgativos y periodismo de misterio ¿telebasura o rigor informativo?”. Comunicar: Revista Científica Iberoamericana de Comunicación y Educación (31): 765–770. ISSN 1134-3478.
- ^ Prieto, Carlos; Barragán, Carlos (August 16, 2020). ““Eres como Ferreras”: rebelión interna en la nave del misterio de Iker Jiménez” (in Spanish). El Confidencial. Retrieved October 30, 2020.
- ^ Domínguez-Solera, Santiago David (January 12, 2010). “Pseudociencia y arqueología en España” (PDF) (in Spanish). Revista de arqueología. Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- ^ a b Gonzálvez, Paula M. (October 3, 2020). “Iker Jiménez, abducido por la Covid” (in Spanish). Huffington Post. Retrieved October 6, 2020.
- ^ Sanguino, Juan (October 3, 2020). “La ascensión de Iker Jiménez” (in Spanish). El País. Retrieved October 6, 2020.
- ^ “Tercera colección en libro-dvd de Cuarto Milenio”. Cuatro (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2010-10-04. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
- ^ “Cuarto Milenio, mejor programa de divulgación de 2006 para los lectores de ¡Vaya Tele!” (in Spanish). Espinof. January 12, 2007. Retrieved October 30, 2020.
- ^ “Galardón a la mejor cabecera gráfica”. Ikerjimenez.com (in Spanish). 6 May 2010. Archived from the original on 18 May 2010. Retrieved 21 June 2010.
- ^ Agencias (4 May 2010). “Nueva York premia la pequeña pantalla española”. El País (in Spanish). Madrid. Retrieved 21 June 2010.
- ^ “Cuarto Milenio’ consigue el título de MEJOR PROGRAMA DE INVESTIGACIÓN en los Premios Telemagazine 2019” (in Spanish). Telemagazine. January 27, 2020. Retrieved January 27, 2020.